The secret of the Toastmasters educational program is its 3-pronged approach of education, opportunity, and feedback. The opportunity to speak and the feedback happens in the meeting but the education component is found in the Pathways Program.
The Navigator will help guide you on your Toastmasters journey.
Follow these steps to start your Pathways journey today:
1. Go to www.toastmasters.org
2. Click ‘log in’
3. Enter your email address
4. Click ‘Forgot password’
5. Use the login details emailed to you to log into the website.
6. Go to your My Home
7. Click ‘Choose a Path’
8. Your first digital online Path is covered in your joining fees; subsequent Paths cost US$20.
9. Click ‘View all Path options’ or you can first take the ‘Online assessment’. (Note: you don’t have to choose the Path that the assessment suggests)
10. Choose your Path. To help understand this process, watch this short video.
To start your Path:
1. Go back to the Home page
2. Go to your My Home
3. Click ‘Go to Base Camp’
4. See the box headed ‘My Education Transcript’, and click ‘Launch’ beside your chosen Path.
5. Follow the instructions to work through the educational material and find your next speech project.
6. Once you complete the project go back into this section and do the ‘After Quiz’.
7. Do the Level completion module so you can move on to the next Level.
To view detailed information on the Paths and Levels, click here
SPEECH EVALUATION RESOURCES
Building a Social Media Presence
Connect with Storytelling
Connect with Your Audience
Create a Podcast
Creating Effective Visual Aids
Deliver Social Speeches
Deliver Your Speech with Humor
Develop a Communication Plan
Develop Your Vision
Effective Body Language
Engage Your Audience with Humor
Evaluation and Feedback
Evaluation and Feedback ~ evaluator speech
Focus on the Positive
Generic Evaluation Resource
High Performance Leadership
Improvement Through Positive Coaching
Inspire Your Audience
Introduction to Vocal Variety and Body Language
Introduction to Vocal Variety
Introduction to Toastmasters Mentoring
Know Your Sense of Humor
Lead in Any Situation
Leading in Difficult Situations
Leading in Your Volunteer Organisation
Leading Your Team
Make Connections Through Networking
Manage Online Meetings
Manage Projects Successfully
Manage Successful Events
Manage a Difficult Audience
Moderate a Panel Discussion
Negotiate the Best Outcome
Planning and Implementing
Prepare for an Interview
Prepare to Speak Professionally
Present a Proposal
Public Relations Strategies
Question and Answer Session
Reflect on Your Path
Researching and Presenting
The Power of Humor in an Impromptu Speech
Understanding Conflict Resolution
Understanding Emotional Intelligence
Understanding Vocal Variety
Understanding Your Communication Style
Understanding Your Leadership Style
Using Descriptive Language
Using Presentation Software
Write a Compelling Blog
Write a Speech with Purpose